Rc. No. 746/RVM (SSA)/C8/2012, Dated: 24-06-2013 GUIDELINES FOR CONDUCTING SCHOOL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE (SMC) ELECTIONS || SMC ELECTION GUIDELINES
SPD RVM has released guidelines to be followed for the conduct of election of Chairman, Vice Chairman and members of School Management Committees (SMC) in the Schools (except unaided private schools) in the State and issued instructions to the MEOs and HMs to conduct meeting of parents/guardians to constitute SMCs by 29-6-2013 positively. They must conduct SMC meeting with the elected members on the eve of SMC formation Day on 29-6-2013 as a part of Education Fortnight
GUIDELINES FOR CONDUCTING SMC ELECTIONS IN SCHOOLS
The Guidelines circulated vide Rc.746 for conducting SMC Elections are as follows:
- 1. The HM shall conduct meeting of all the parents/guardians of children in each class to elect 3 members, of whom atleast one person is parent/guardian of a child from the socially disadvantaged group, one person is a parent/guardian of a child belonging to weaker sections, and another from general category. From among them, two members shall be women.
- 2. All the sections and all the mediums of a particular class in a school shall be treated as one class only.
- 3. The school having both primary and upper primary classes shall have one SMC for the entire school.
- 4. In case of schools having classes for both elementary and secondary education, separate School Management Committee shall be constituted for the elementary section, which may be styled as ‘upper primary School Management Committee’ of the corresponding school.
- 5. Child belonging to socially disadvantaged group means and includes a child belonging to the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Orphans, Migrant and Street Children, Children With Special Needs and HIV affected/infected children.
- 6. A child belonging to weaker sections means a child belonging to BC, Minorities and includes OCs whose parents income does not exceed Rs 60,000/- per annum.
- 7. The following are the details of members given in the annexure in the proceedings copy to be elected as per the classes running in a school
- 8. The School Management Committee (SMC) shall elect the Chairperson and the Vice Chairperson from among its elected members. Provided that atleast one among them should be a parent/guardian of a child from the disadvantaged group or the weaker sections and another should be a woman candidate.
- 9. In case, the number of children in a class is less than 6, the same shall be combined with the next lower or higher class, such that the number of electors in the combined class is 6 or more.
- 10. The parent/guardian having children in different classes shall be eligible to Participate in the election process of each class.
- 11. Atleast 50% of the parents/guardians should be present for conducting the Elections.
- 12. HM shall conduct the election.
- 13. Elections shall ordinarily be by show of hands or voice vote. In extra ordinary Situations of unresolved contention, secret ballot procedures may be adopted.
- 14. The HM shall conduct meeting of parents/guardians to elect the Chairman, Vice Chairman and Members of the SMCs. This process shall be completed before 29th June 2013 without fail.
- 15. They must conduct SMC meeting with the elected members of SMC on the eve of SMC Dinotsavam on 29-6-2013 as a part of Education Fortnight.
- 16. The term of an elected member will be for two years, or the date of leaving-from-the-school of the member’s child/ward, whichever is earlier.
- 17. New parent/guardian members from entry class will be inducted into the SMC to replace those parent members who will move out of the SMC when their children leave school. Electors of respective classes shall elect new parent/guardian members of SMC from entry class and also to fill in any casual vacancy.
EX-OFFICIO MEMBERS AS FOLLOWS
- 1 The Head Teacher or the in charge Head Teacher of the school shall be the Member Convenor;
- 2 Additional Teacher Member nominated by the MEO in respect of all the schools under his control preferably from the gender opposite to that of the Head Teacher;
- 3 The concerned Corporator / Councillor / Ward Member, as the case may be;
- 4 The Anganwadi Worker(s) serving the neighbourhood area of the school;
- 5 The Multipurpose Health Worker - Female (ANM) serving the neighbourhood area of The school;
- 6 The President of Mahila Samakhya of the concerned village/ward.”
CO-OPTED MEMBERS SHALL BE AS FOLLOWS
- 1. Two school supporters from among persons who is an eminent educationist, a philanthropist, office bearer of a voluntary organization, an alumni or such other supporter of the school; coopted by the elected members of the SMC.
- 2. The term of coopeted members shall be two years from the date of first meeting following the date of cooption.”
- 20. The concerned Sarpanch / Municipal Chairperson / Mayor may attend any meeting of SMC in their respective areas, at his/ her discretion.
- 21. The minutes of the meeting conducted to elect the members of SMC and election of Chairperson and Vice Chairperson shall be Recorded and maintained by the Head Master without fail.
- 22. The Headmasters with the assistance of all the teachers in the school shall conduct the SMC elections smoothly without occurrence of any untoward incidence.
- 23. For any kind of irregularities in the conduct of SMC elections or deviation of the instructions issued from time to time will be viewed seriously and disciplinary action will be initiated against the HM/teachers concerned as per CCA Rules.
- 24. The District Educational Officer, Project Officer, Rajiv Vidya Mission (SSA), Deputy. Educational Officers and Mandal Educational Officers must Extend their cooperation and guidance to the HMs for the smooth conduct of SMC elections.
|Download Rc.746-Guidelines for Conducting SMC Elections before 29th June|