15 Days Paternity Leave on Full Pay to Male State Government Employees. Paternity Leave (PL) is a kind of Leave sanctioned to Male State Government Married Employees to care for his Infant (Baby). This Paternity Leave allows and remembers the Fathers, that they also have the responsibility towards their New Born Baby. AP State Govt Employees permitted to avail the Paternity Leave since 2005, vide GO.Ms.No.231 Dated 16.9.2005. Paternity Leave either can be availed 15 days before of Delivery or with in a period of 6 Months from the date of delivery. Let us briefly discuss the Rules of Paternity Leave to State Government Employees.
15 Days Paternity Leave on Full Pay to Male State Govt Employees
The Important Orders related to Paternity are explained in brief here:
Cir.Memo.No. 20129-C/454/FR.1/2010 Dt. 21-7-2010Paternity Leave either before 15 Days of Delivery or within a Period of 6 Months from the Date of Delivery
- The 9th Pay Revision Commission, 2008 among other things, with regard to sanction of Paternity Leave to married male Govt, employees, observed that as per the clarification issued by Government of India in O.M.No. 13018/2/98-Estt.(L), dated 16-7-1999 the employees of Government of India can avail paternity leave either before 15 days or within a period of 6 months from the date of delivery. Hence, the Commission, therefore, recommended to issue revised clarificatory instructions on the lines issued by the Government of India in its O.M.No dt. 16-7-1999 in so far it relates to the grant of paternity leave.
- Government hereby further clarify that the paternity leave by married male Govt, employees can be availed either before 15 days or within a period of 6 months from the date of delivery
Cir.Memo.No.14601/371 /FR.I/2006, dt.24-6-2006, Finance (FR.l) Dept. Paternity Leave from the Date of Delivery of his wife.
- According to this Ordered Government clarified that the Paternity Leave has to be availed by the Married Male Government Employee from the Date of his wife has delivered the Baby.Note: Govt in super session of this order, Issued the Cir Memo.20129, hence this Memo is Not in existence now.
G.O.Ms.No.231 Dated:16-9-2005-Paternity Leave on Full Pay
- In the G.O.Ms.No.734, General Administration (special-A) Department, dt. 17-2-2004, Government have constituted Pay Revision Commission. Among other things the Pay Revision Commission, 2005 has recommended for sanction of 15 days Paternity Leave to all the eligible persons and this leave to restricted to two children for a family.
- Government have accepted the above recommendation of Pay Revision Commission, 2005 and accordingly hereby order that the competent authority may grant Paternity leave on full pay to married male Government employees temporary or permanent for a period of 15 days subject to the condition that is shall be granted to those with less than two surviving children.
- These orders shall come into force with immediate effect. Necessary amendments to the relevant rules will be issued separately