Details of IOCL Scholarships Scheme
Duration for which scholarship will be awarded and minimum duration of course
No. of Scholarships
|Minimum Eligibility marks in Qualifying Exam||
Scholarship amount per month
|2 years||2000||10th||65%||60%||50%||Rs. 1000|
|4 years||300||12th||65%||60%||50%||Rs. 3000|
|4 years||200||12th||65%||60%||50%||Rs. 3000|
SCHOLARSHIPS OFFERED :
1."IndianOil Merit Scholarships Scheme" for 10+/ITI studies
2000 Scholarships are offered for 10+/ITI students. The equitable distribution of scholarships will be State-wise, based on “Number of students who appeared for 10th Standard examination during 2012-13”.
2. "IndianOil Scholarships Scheme" for Graduate and Post-Graduate studies
600 scholarships are offered to students pursuing professional courses (Engineering–300 Nos., MBBS-200 Nos. & MBA-100 Nos.). The scholarships will be equitably distributed Zone-wise viz. North, South, East & West, based on “Number of students who appeared for 12th Standard examination during 2012-13”.
ELIGIBILITY: Students pursuing full time/regular courses (not correspondence/distance/online mode) in these streams & studying in Schools / Colleges / Institutions / Universities recognized by MCI / AICTE / State Education Boards / State Govt./ ICSE / ISC / CBSE / Central Govt./ Association of Indian universities, shall be eligible to apply for the different streams as under :
1. 10+/ITI :
(For ITI) - Bonafide students (full time / regular) in 1st year of 2 years ITI course in 2014-15 are eligible to apply.
2. Engineering & MBBS : Bonafide students (full time/regular) in the first year of Engineering/MBBS degree courses in 2014-15 (minimum 4 years course duration) are eligible to apply.
3. MBA : Bonafide students (full time/regular) in the first year of 2 years post graduate course in Business Administration/Management in 2014-15 are eligible to apply.
- The marks obtained in the qualifying examination making the students eligible to seek admission in the respective first year of these courses will be considered for selection. Minimum eligibility percentage of mars required from the students of various categories in qualifying examination is given in the table.
- Percentage of marks obtained in qualifying examination shall be calculated on total aggregate marks of all subjects. In case of Graduates, percentage of marks obtained shall be calculated on total aggregate of marks of all subjects for all the academic years of graduation.
- Normalization of marks for all courses shall be done by using percentile method so as to rationalize the variation of marks provided by different Boards and Universities/Institutions.
INCOME : Gross Joint annual income of the family of the student from all sources during financial year 2013-14 should not exceed Rs. 1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh only). However, in case of tie, preference will be given to the students whose family income (gross joint income from all sources in 2013-14) is upto Rs. 60,000/- (Rs. Sixty thousand only). Income certificate should be got issued from appropriate civil authorities of the State/UTs/Central Governments whose details have been specified under the head ‘Submission of Documents by Applicants’. Any Affidavit submitted as Income Proof shall not be accepted
AGE LIMIT: Minimum 15 years and maximum 30 years as on 01.07.2014. Persons born between 01.07.1984 and 01.07.1999 (both days inclusive) are eligible to apply. However, relaxation in the upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) is permissible
RESERVATION: 49.5% scholarships are reserved i.e. SC(15%), ST(7.5%) & OBC (27%).Only those listed in the Central Govt’s OBC list will be considered against OBC quota. OBC candidates of State list but not covered by Central Govt’s OBC list may apply as general candidates. 25% of scholarships for girl students and 10% of scholarships for persons with Disabilities (PwDs).
How to Apply:
- Interested students meeting above eligibility criteria can apply online by logging on tohttp://ioclscholar.sifyitest.com or athttp://www.iocl.com/Aboutus/Scholarships.aspx.
- These sites shall be kept open to receive online applications from 12.07.2014 to 30.09.2014.
- Once the online application is submitted by an applicant, the system will generate a unique Registration Number. The applicants should note down this number and also take a print out of this Online Registered Application Form for future reference/correspondence.
- A message through SMS on the mobile number given in the online application and an e-Mail message on the e-Mail address given in the online application will be generated automatically as a token of confirmation of submission of your Online Application Form.
- Income Certificate (To be issued by the competent authority as specified in the General Instructions).
- Date of Birth (as mentioned in 10thHigh School / Matriculation certificate)
- 10th/High School Matriculation Mark.
- XII / Intermediate (or equivalent) Mark Sheet.
- Graduation Mark Sheet (of all 3/4 years OR Mark Sheet of total graduation course
- SC/ST Caste Certificate.
- OBC Certificate
- Persons with Disabilities (PwDs)
- Copy of Bank pass book page of the applicant clearly showing name of the account holder, Bank a/c no., Bank name, Branch name, address of the branch with phone no. etc.
by the applicants is given in the above website under Head “Submission of Documents by Applicants”. The detail of documents to be submitted can be seen by individual applicant at the bottom of the print out of their Registered Online Application Form
Sify Technologies LimitedDocuments received after 15.10.2014 shall not be accepted. The applicants are advised to send their documents preferably by Speed post or Registered Post.
(IOCL ESS I-TEST DIVISION)
Plot No B 7, Sector-132,
Noida-201301 (Uttar Pradesh)
(Landmark : Next to Naukri.com office)
- 1.Criterion for selection will be merit and family’s income
- 2.A scholarship holder under this scheme should not be receiving any other scholarship/stipend/financial aid from any other source during the period of this scholarship.
- 6.Applicants will have to provide valid & active e-mail address, mobile number & Bank account no. in their online application form & keep checking their personal e Mail / Mobile SMS, website of Administrator of the Scheme http://ioclscholar.sifyitest.com as well as the web site of IOCL http://www.iocl.com/ regularly for instructions specific for them from Administrator of the Scheme/IOCL.