GO.70 Administrative Approval for setting up 234 Model Schools in 2nd Phase in Andhra Pradesh. Govt of AP has accorded administrative approval for setting up of 234 Model Schools in the Educationally Backward Blocks identified / approved by the GoI under Phase-II of the Scheme, with the total Project cost of Rs.904.23 crores. Out of Total 737 Proposed Model Schools, 355 Model Schools were already approved by Govt.
Read the following for Reference:
GO.70 Setting up 234 Model Schools in 2nd Phase-Administrative ApprovalSchool Education – Model Schools – Sanction of 234 Model Schools under Phase-II in the State under Centrally Sponsored Scheme “Scheme for Setting up of Model Schools at Block Level Bench Mark of Excellence” by GOI – Administrative approval – Accorded – Orders- issued.
- 1. G.O.Ms.No. 42, School Education (SE-Prog.I) Department, dt. 12/7/2013
- 2. Lr.F.No.1-5/2012-Sch.1(MS), Government of India, MHRD, Department of School Education and Literacy, minutes of the 6th PAB meeting dt.8/10/2012
- 3. From the C&DSE, Lr.No. 812/B1/Model Schools/RMSA/2013, dt.3/11/2012, 14/12/2012 & 7/11/2013.
- In the reference 1st read above, Government have accorded administrative approval for setting up 355 Model Schools in the Educationally Backward Blocks as Bench-mark of Excellence and prescribed the guidelines for establishment of Model Schools duly following the norms of GoI.
- In the reference 2nd read above, under phase-II of the Scheme, the Government of India have sanctioned total 234 Model Schools for the State of Andhra Pradesh with the total project cost of Rs.904.23 crores (Rupees Nine Hundred and Four Crores and Twenty Three lakhs only). As per the norms of the scheme, sharing pattern of expenditure is 50:50 between the Government of India and the State Government.
- The Commissioner & Director of School Education, A.P., Hyderabad vide reference 3rd read above has requested the State Government to accord administrative approval for setting up of 234 Model Schools under Phase-II scheme. The Commissioner & Director of School Education, A.P., Hyderabad has also requested to sanction total 4680 posts of teaching to be filled up by Direct Recruitment, and 3236 posts of Non-teaching to be recruited through outsourcing basis in the 234 Model Schools. He has further stated that as per the above sharing pattern, State Government have to bear Rs.452.12 crores (Rupees Four Hundred and Fifty Two Crores and Twelve Lakhs only) being the 50% of the total project cost of Rs.904.23 crores approved by GOI for the scheme.
- Government, after careful examination of the matter, hereby accord administrative approval for setting up of 234 Model Schools in the Educationally Backward Blocks identified / approved by the GoI under Phase-II of the Scheme, with the total Project cost of Rs.904.23 crores. The State Government have also agreed to bear Rs.452.12 crores (Rupees Four Hundred and Fifty Two Crores and Twelve Lakhs only) towards 50% of the total Project Cost. The list of 234 Model Schools is appended to the G.O. as Annexure.
- The Commissioner & Director of School Education, Hyderabad is informed that except the cost of Rs.452.12 crores sanctioned above, Government will not entertain any proposals for additional amounts of the scheme. Further the guidelines issued in G.O.Ms.No.42, SE(Prog.I) Department, dt. 12/7/2013 shall be followed in respect of execution of the Phase-II scheme approved above.
- The Commissioner and Director of School Education, A.P., Hyderabad is requested to take necessary further action in this matter accordingly.
District Wise Number of Model Schools in the State in Phase I and Phase II
The Below Table is collected from various sources. If any changes we will inform soon.
|Sl.No||District||N0. Of EBB Blocks/Mandals Identified By MHRD||No. of Schools Sanctioned Phase-I||No. of Schools Sanctioned Phase-II|