- Details of ICT-National Award to Teachers Click Here
- Eligibility and Guidelines of "Implementing ICT in Schools" National Award to Teachers Click Here
- Selection Procedure for Implementing ICT in Schools Awards Click Here
Details of National Award to Schools Teachers for using ICT in Schools
The Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in Schools have been revised and a new component on National Award for Teachers for use of ICT in Education has been
In all 87 ICT awards are instituted by Govt. of India for different States/UTs and Autonomous Bodies/ organizations under MHRD. A break-up of State/Organisation-wise allocation of awards is enclosed. The award proposes to felicitate those teachers who have enhanced student learning by effectively and innovatively integrating technology supported learning into the school curriculum and subject teaching, and thereby promoted enquiry-based cooperative-collaborative learning using ICT among their students. Teachers of primary, upper primary, secondary, higher secondary schools pertaining to the following organizations are eligible to be nominated under the scheme:
- i. State Government schools/schools run by local bodies and Government Aided Schools (including the Government and Private schools affiliated to State Boards of Education)
- ii. Central Government schools i.e. Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs), Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs), Central Tibetan Schools (CTS), Schools run by Ministry of Defence (MOD) i.e. Sainik Schools etc. and schools run by Atomic Energy Education Society (AEES)
- iii. Schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) other than those at (i) and (ii) above.
- iv. Schools affiliated to Council for Indian Schools Certificate Examinations (CISCE)
1. Schools will send detailed entries in the prescribed format alongwith supporting documents to the Directorate of Education of their States/UTs/Organisation through proper channel (Principal/DEO/Regional Offices etc.).
2. A Committee under the Chairmanship of Secretary/Commissioner (Education) of the concerned State/UT/Autonomous Organisations (KVS, NVS, CBSE, CISCE, CTSA, AEES, MOD etc.) will scrutinize all the entries and shortlist the candidates and forward the same to the Member Secretary of the Awards Committee alongwith minutes of the meeting. The State/UT/organization shall recommend only twice the number of teachers as their awards quota, in order of merit.
3. Short listed candidates would be required to make presentations before the Awards Committee.
The Awards Committee would recommend the requisite number of awardees to the Ministry with justification. The Ministry will process the recommendation for the awards.
Each awardee teacher will be awarded with a laptop, a silver medal and a commendation certificate. All winners will form a community of resource persons through networking.
Each entry from the State/UT must include individual applications (as per the Proforma attached) of teacher nominated along with necessary documents and evidence. The last date for forwarding of short listed candidates along with minutes of the selection committee by State Govt./UTs/Autonomous Organisation to the Joint Director, CIET-NCERT, New Delhi-110016 is 31st July, 2014.
Eligibility and Guidelines for States/UTs/Autonomous Bodies for ICT National AwardsSchool teachers of primary, upper primary, secondary and higher secondary schools working in any recognized school in the Indian Union under the following categories:
- (i) Schools run by State Govt./ UTs Administration, schools run by local bodies, private schools affiliated to state boards and aided by State Govt. and UT Administration.
- (ii) Central Govt. Schools i.e. Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs), Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs), Central Schools for Tibetans (CTSA), Sainik Schools and Schools run by Ministry of Defence (MOD), Schools run by Atomic Energy Education Society (AEES).
- (iii) Schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) (other than those at (i) and (ii) above)
- (iv) Schools affiliated to Council for Indian Schools Certificate Examination (CISCE) (Other than those at (i), (ii) and (iii) above)
Allocation of AwardsWhat will given as Award
(i) Three awards for each large State 13x3= 39
(Defined as States having teacher strength of 1 lakh or more)
(ii) Two awards for each small State 15x2=30
(Defined as States whose teachers strength is less than1 lakh)
(iii) One award for each UT 7x1= 7
(iv) Two awards each for KVS &NVS 2x2= 4
(v) Three awards for CBSE 3
(vi) One awards for CISCE 1
(vii) One award for CTSA 1
(viii) One award for Sainik School and Schools under MOD 1
(ix) One award for schools under AEES 1
Total = 87
Each winning teacher will be awarded with an ICT Kit, a laptop and a commendation certificate. The winners would be encouraged to function as mentors (resource persons) for their area to motivate and train other teachers in use of ICT kit + project (incl. traning & mentor) in teaching. All the winners will form a community of resource persons through networking. The prize winning initiatives would be shared as best practices across the country.
Selection Procedure for National ICT Awards to Teachers
- (i) For States &UT schools :Schools will send detailed entries in the prescribed format along with supporting documents to the Directorate of Education of the State/UT through the District Education Officer. The Directorate of Education, with the help of a State-level Committee headed by Secretary (Secondary Education) will scrutinize all the entries and shortlist the candidates, which will be twice the number of awards to be presented, and forward the same to Central Institute of Educational Technology (CIET), NCERT, New Delhi.
- (ii) For others i.e. Autonomous organizations/ institutions under MHRD :Schools will forward detailed entries in prescribed format along with supporting documents to the headquarters of the concerned organization i.e. Kvs, NVs, CBSE, CISCE, CTSA, MOD, AEES. A Committee under the Head of the organization of autonomous body will scrutinize all the entries and shortlist the candidates, which will be twice the number of awards to be presented, and send the same to CIET, NCERT New Delhi for further action.
- (iii) At CIET the short listed candidates would be required to make presentations before a Committee. The composition of the Committee will be as follows:
I. Director, NCERT - Chairman
II DDG, NIC - Member
III. Representative from Secondary Education
Bureau, Deptt. of SE&L, Ministry of HRD - Member
IV. Representative from Dept of IT - Member
V. Joint Director, CIET - Member Secretary
- (iv) The Committee would recommend the requisite number of awardees to the Ministry with justification. At the Ministry level the proposal would be scrutinized for approval of the Minister.
- 1. Advertisement for nomination including announcement 31 December
- 2. Last date for submission of detailed entries by schools to State Directorate of Education/Organization/ Autonomous bodies under MHRD 31st March
- 3. Scrutiny and forwarding of short listed candidates by State Govt./UT/Organizations with Minutes to CIET, NCERT, New Delhi 31st July
- 4. Scrutiny of short listed candidates by CIET and forwarding Final list for consideration to Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India. 30th September
- 5. Award Function 11th November 2014
Guidelines for submission of nomination/ entry for the ICT Award-2014
- A teacher Portfolio should be submitted along with the Entry Form.
- The portfolio should include the teachers exploration of ICT and the Project implemented. [Note: Project should have been implemented before its submission.]
- The teacher should have involved students in problem solving and investigations that culminate in realistic products. (for example – a virtual laboratory experiment which helped in solving local village problem, a website, or documentation of the issue, etc.)
- The submission should be accompanied by relevant supporting documents, tools, reports of activities, field visits, etc., photographs or videos.