National Population Register (NPR) – Updating of NPR and seeding of Aadhaar in the NPR Database – Extension of time period for completion of house to house enumeration work under National Population Register upto 31st December, 2015 – Regarding. G.O.MS.No. 148 Dated:24-11-2015.
Read the following:-
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.96, G.A (Accom.) Dept, Dt.6-8-2015.
2. G.O.Ms.No.97, G.A (Accom.) Dept, Dt.6-8-2015.
3. Circular No.4, received from Registrar General of Citizens Registration, India, New Delhi, vide Lr.No.9/41/2015-CRD (NPR) Dt.8.9.2015.
4. G.O.Ms.No.131, G.A (Accom.) Dept, Dt.30-9-2015.
5. From the Additional Secretary and Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, New Delhi, D.O.Lr.No.9/36/2015-CRD (NPR) Dt.12-11-2015.
6. From the Joint Director and Controlling Officer, Directorate of Census Operations, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, Hyderabad, Lr.No.2706/ NPR-Aadhar/AP/2015 Dated.20-11-2015.
NPR Aadhar Updation Last Date 31st Dec 2015 GO 148
The following Notification shall be published in the extra-ordinary Issue of Andhra Pradesh Gazette for information of the Public:-
- In the reference 4th read above, Government have issued orders for conduct of NPR field work through house to house enumeration in the State from 23.10.2015 to 23-11-2015, after detailed consultations with the District Collectors and other district level officers. Further the State Government has appointed various levels of Registrars of Citizen Registration as per the Citizenship Act, 1955 and Citizenship Rules, 2003.
- 2. In the reference 5th read above, the Additional Secretary and Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Government of India, New Delhi, has stated that it has been reported that the field work has started on date only in one district West Godavari. The progress of work is far from satisfactory and it is unlikely to be completed within the notified period i.e by 23-11-2015. Therefore, he requested the Government to issue necessary instructions to all the DMs/DCs to complete this exercise at the earliest and re-notify extension of time period in the Gazette, if required.
- 3. In the reference 6th read above, the Joint Director & Controlling Officer, Directorate of Census Operations, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, Hyderabad informed that the Government of Andhra Pradesh have issued orders to carry out the updating and seeding of Aadhaar in the NPR Database from 23.10.2015 to 23.11.2015 vide reference 4th read above. The field work in all (13) districts in the State is commenced and it is under progress and likely to take more time i.e beyond 23-11-2015. Therefore, he requested the National Population Register to re-notify extension time period in the extra-ordinary issue of Andhra Pradesh Gazette, as instructed by the Registrar General of Citizens Registration, India, and National Population Register of India above.
- 4. In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 18 of the Citizenship Act, 1955, read with Rules 2 & 5 of the Citizenship (Registration of Citizens and Issue of National Identity Cards) Rules, 2003, and keeping in view of the Notifications referred above, the Government of Andhra Pradesh hereby extend the time period for completion of house to house enumeration work for updation of National Population Register and seeding of Aadhaar in the NPR Data base, in the State of Andhra Pradesh, upto 31st December, 2015.