NMMS SELECTED LIST. National Merit Cum Means Scholarship Selected Candidates List (Results) for NMMS Examination Nov 2013. The community wise, district wise selected list of candidates for award of NMMS Scholarships for NMMS Examination held on November 2013 are released. Total 6606 Candidates are announced to be selected from all Districts. The selected candidates will be awarded scholarship of Rs. 6000 per annum from IXth Class onwards.
Guidelines for Disbursement of Scholarship
- A student can avail only one Scholarship under any scheme.
- The awardees will be asked to open Joint account with parents in State Bank of India, which has core banking facility;
- SBI will ensure that their branches and its associates SBI Indore, Patiala, Mysore, Hyderabad, Travancore, Saurashtra, Bikaner and Jaipur will open account of such awardees without any initial deposit/minimum deposit charges and will issue ATM-cum- Debit Cards;
- The state will identify the awardees and hand over the list of beneficiaries to SBI for payment of scholarship;
- The State Government / UT Administration will scrutinize the claim bills for payment of scholarship and subsequently their continuance and submit the list of eligible awardees to SBI for payment of scholarship. The awardees should get minimum of 55% marks in Class IX and XI and 60% in Class X for continuance of scholarship (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST candidates);
- SBI will ensure that the scholarship is paid to awardees on quarterly basis (Rs. 1500/- each quarter) after getting the list from each state;
- SBI will instruct some of its branches to coordinate with the State Education Department for payment of scholarship;
- Wherever SBI does not have its branches, the candidates will be asked to open their account in the public sector banks, which have Electronic Clearing System (ECS) facility. The SBI and its associates will transfer the scholarship on quarterly basis in the account of awardees.
General Eligibility ConditionsAn Awardee is eligible for the scholarship provided he/she:
- (i) takes up studies in approved courses.
- (ii) maintains good conduct as certified by the Head of the College/Institution and continues his/her studies as a regular student in Government/Local Body/Government aided school.
- (iii) does not absent himself/herself without proper leave.
- (iv) takes up studies on a whole time basis.
- (v) does not take up any job.
- No scholarship shall be available for studies abroad for any course.
- No claim for scholarship arrears will be entertained after the expiry of 12 months of the academic session for which one has applied for the claim.
- In case any awardee leaves his/her course of study within one month of registration/admission, no scholarship shall be paid to him/her.
- In case awardee is not able to appear at the annual examination due to serious illness, one should send the medical certificate through the Head of the Institution within three months of one’s falling ill. The duration of illness should be clearly certified by a specialist, who is a Registered Medical Practitioner. The facility will be available to the awardee to continue the same course in which one is studying provided the principal or the head of the institution certifies that the overall performance of the awardee during the year is 50% or above.
- The awardee must join the next class/desired course within 3 months of the declaration of the result of the previous class/course.
- Scholarship shall be deemed to be discontinued with any gap of one academic session in studies at any time due to any reason.
- Scholarship once discontinued on the basis of the rules of disbursement of scholarship cannot be revived under any circumstances.
- All rules are subject to change from time to time, as and when required, which will be binding on all awardees.
- The awardees should get clear promotion from class VIII to Class IX for being eligible for starting the scholarship.
- The scholarship at the Secondary and higher Secondary stage or equivalent Classes IX to XII is payable for a maximum period of four years for studies in India only.
- No scholarship at this stage is payable for studying diploma/certificate level courses.
- For continuing the scholarship in class X and XII the awardees should get clear promotion from class IX to class X and from class XI to class XII in the first attempt with 55% marks (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST)
- The awardees must obtain a minimum of 60 per cent marks in Class X (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST) examination or equivalent examination for continuation of the scholarship at higher secondary stage.
- In case an institution does not conduct an examination at the end of Class IX and /or Class XI, the scholarship for the second year will be continued on the submission of a certificate to this effect from the Head of the Institution.